An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to join the UK’s leading Vehicle Recycling company based in Skelmersdale.
Main Purpose of Role:
Proven background in automotive workshop management, to oversee the efficient dismantling of vehicles on a daily basis by driving a team of vehicle dismantling technicians.
To give guidance and support to the team also ensuring that set targets are met on a daily basis.
• To ensure that dismantling and removal of parts is carried out in a professional manner.
• To ensure that all jobs are completed within designated times
• To advise the workshop of any additional work identified when working on a vehicle.
• To comply with the relevant Company housekeeping and Health & Safety regulations and policies applicable to this position and working environment.
• To have a good mechanical knowledge and to be aware of the various car makes, models and components.
• To have good interpersonal skills and be a team player, as the role will include working within a small team.
• To have a good knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures.
• To be flexible with working hours, as occasionally there may be business need to work additional hours.
• Dependent on the individuals experience and ability to meet the job description – relevant training will be given.
Type of Position: Permanent / Full Time
Job Hours: 40 hours per week
Working Days: Monday – Friday 08:45 – 17:15 – with occasional overtime hours on Saturday mornings 09:00 – 13:00.
20 days per calendar year plus statutory holidays.
Rate of pay:
negotiable dependent on experience.
Location of Job:
Skelmersdale site: Hills Salvage & Recycling Ltd, Gerrard Place, East Gillibrands, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 9SU
Contact for Job: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only written /CV applications will be accepted. Details of 2 references will be required.